Cloud Security Platform Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cloud Security Platform Engineer
We are looking for a driven Security Cloud Platform Engineer to join the Cloud Security team at Capital One. The position will play a pivotal role in continuing to enhance the Cloud Security posture for all of Capital One by leading the development of cutting edge security capabilities. This is a hands on role that will have an immediate and direct impact on Capital One's Cloud Security posture.
About the Cyber Cloud Team at Capital One
Our team of security experts helps Capital One design, build, deploy and maintain a secure cloud environment. With a close partnership with our Cloud Engineering, Cloud Governance, and Cyber Security teams, we are continually maturing our ability to safeguard Capital One in the public cloud. We design, engineer, and deploy tools and processes that enable Capital One to move quickly and safely into the modern era of software engineering.
- Work as part of a security team dedicated to continuously safeguarding the Capital One as part of our journey to the public Cloud.
- Engineer solutions that will increase security visibility, anomaly detection, and threat mitigation within our Cloud environment
- Improve the accessibility of Cloud Security solutions through automation, continuous integration pipelines
- Challenge existing processes and improve and streamline them in order to improve safeguard Capital One and our customers
- Work within and across Agile product teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science.
- At least 3 years of experience developing applications in the Cloud in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- At least 3 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages Python or Shell
- At least 3 years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery, including supporting the project
- At least 3 years of experience in Jenkins and GitHub
- Master's degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science
- AWS Certifications / Security Certifications (e.g., CISSP)
- 3+ years of Python/Go coding experience
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 3+ years of AWS APIs experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top