Cloud Security Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cloud Security Engineer
As a Capital One Software/Cloud Engineer, you'll work on enabling new cloud platforms for use in a world class banking environment. As part of the cloud team, you will engineer and develop solutions supporting web and mobile applications, Machine Learning, and Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: GCP, Azure, and AWS, Python, Terraform, networking, and operating systems to name a few.
You will engineer solutions to make it easy to operate large scale infrastructure in our public cloud environment. These products will facilitate deployment of software defined networking, automated security controls and other capabilities that make our cloud usage both flexible and secure. As part of a centralized engineering team with a focus on serverless architecture, you will be accelerating the development of hundreds of teams across Capital One.
- A master engineer who values well thought out solutions
- Automate everything by default
- Strive for simplicity in the solutions you provide
- Enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed
- Are an expert learner and can see the bigger picture for the business
- Build best-in-class Cloud Security products
- Focus on Lambda and serverless architecture
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and provide appropriate solutions
- Evangelize a multi-cloud approach to drive adoption across a large enterprise
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering using Python or Java
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years' experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with Lambda
- 3+ years of experience with serverless architecture
- 3+ years of implementing scalable and resilient cloud applications and platform services
- 3+ years' experience using Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation Template to codify infrastructure
- 3+ years of network or OS administrative experience
- 1+ year experience with Google Compute Platform
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top