Recruiting: VA - Glen Allen, United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products?
Are you a developer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer with expertise in working in a fast paced development environment. You'll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impact and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to various applications that will be migrating or integrating into the Cloud. This is an amazing opportunity for a Software Engineer coding with Public Cloud API's to accelerate our public cloud adoption. You will be working with rapid provisioning and deployments, security and user provisions, while monitoring and providing other asset support.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, boto (AWS Python API), AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, AWS / Cloud Infrastructure, and various Open Source technologies to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Code in Python working on PostgreSQL moving into the Cloud.
- Collaborate on various implementation options
- Work to meet deliver of feature content throughout the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Identifies and characterizes technical risk throughout SDLC; generates mitigation options
- Produce resilient code that meet the "-ilities," such as: system availability, reliability, flexibility, scalability, usability, etc.
- Codes hands-on for actual feature delivery
- Work as a core member of a software engineering team member; be a part of peer code reviews
- Helps determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers' needs
- Ability to manage to the right solution by influencing others and key contributors
- Rapid provisioning and deployment
- Security and User provisioning
- Monitoring and asset support
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages (Python, Shell)
- At least 5 years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery, including supporting the projects
- At least 2 years of experience interfacing with relational databases (querying, designing, tuning)
- Master's degree
- 2 years of Python coding experience
- 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of Windows Server experience
- 2 years of Cloud experience
- 2 years of AWS APIs experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top