Chief Technology Officer of Capital One Investing
Wright Brothers (51050), United States of America, Seattle, Washington
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Chief Technology Officer of Capital One Investing
Capital One is looking for a CTO to lead software engineering teams in developing and operating next generation highly scalable, highly reliable solutions to support our Investment team. As a technical leader, you are a pragmatic visionary who can understand and translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of customers via software systems that scale technically and that advance our Agile agenda. You will be able to bring in new solutions to tackle some of our biggest challenges, building something completely different than we have today. In this role, you will be considered a part of a group of Next Generation Leaders, pushing the boundaries of where we want to be with technology. You will craft a forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to achieve this strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to transform the culture and technology in a business that is ready to disrupt the industry.
Can you lead an enterprise customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? Can you hire and lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business results using cutting edge technologies? Then we want you!
- Create and grow a high performing engineering culture.
- Determine how to fully leverage existing and emerging technologies to improve our business; build the vision and roadmap around these efforts.
- Develop extended core capabilities, building from scratch solutions that will work at scale and provide opportunities to leverage tools such as Amazon - Web Services.
- Routinely engage with Director, VP and c-level executives, both internally and externally.
- Build and operate a high performance software development organization via recruitment, mentoring, and growing a best-of-class product development team.
- Lead cross-functional project teams on high-profile engagements.
- Educate Capital One account teams on Investment best practices and trends.
- Document and present insights and recommended solutions to meet business objectives through enterprise architecture, adoption plans, and technical feasibility plans.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal Capital One teams, as well as present at conferences, summits and customer venues as a thought leader and strategic executive.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology professional with passion for innovation. He/she will consider it a personal mission to stay current on industry trends and leading technologies and have a burning desire to bring about digital disruption. Ideally, this individual will have a combination of small/startup and larger company experience within organizations that are heavily engineering and consumer focused. Of critical importance is the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. He/she will also have a proven ability to operate effectively in a complex, and evolving environment. He or she will have a demonstrated ability to develop a vision, drive and manage the execution of that vision, and deliver top-tier results. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent leadership skills to leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, and associates, and should possess the confidence and poise to influence the executive leadership team and various internal stakeholders. Strong business judgment, strategic orientation and communication skills are essential. Similarly, important are an attention to detail, good team dynamics, and an ability to work independently as needed.
-Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional leadership skills, marked by poise, positive influence, and the ability to drive change
- Intellectually curious; interested in understanding and experimenting with new leading edge technologies
- Ability to establish credibility with, as well as motivate and mentor, highly technical engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to employ judgment and experience to make rapid and complex decisions
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills (written and oral)
- A management style that is collaborative, energetic, results-oriented, and innovative
- Strong team builder and leader. Well-honed coaching skills with the ability and passion for developing one’s direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field
- At least 7 years of experience in Agile development methodologies
- At least 5 years leading software engineering teams
- At least 5 years of hands-on coding experience
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience working within digitally savvy companies
- Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top