Capital Officer Analyst
888 West Sixth Street (61014), United States of America, Los Angeles, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital Officer Analyst
- Supports senior Capital Officer(s) financing of transactions with: Low income housing tax credits (LIHTC), tax exempt bonds, new market tax credits, funding from US Department of Housing and Urban development (HUD), including HOPE VI, HAP contracts, and public housing, and other state/local governmental financing sources.
- Under the guidance/direction of the originations manager or designee, plans portfolio growth through the development of a business plan and customer call program in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank objectives
- Supports other account officers in their efforts to obtain new business and retain existing customer relationships for the bank, including by attending client and industry events
- In consultation with the originations manager or designee, performs the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing of all debt and proprietary investments. Presents deal proposals to originations manager or designee and credit risk manager and keeps deal team informed.
- In consultation with the originations manager or designee, negotiates both debt and equity investments related to community development transactions
- Assists in managing national relationships with fund managers of low income housing tax credits
- Assists originations manager or designee in the closing of all transactions originated including working with internal and external teams to obtain final credit approval, achieving timely closing and keeping management informed
- Supports originations manager or designee coordination with various CF functional teams and other departments in the servicing of client relationship and in resolving any client issues that rise beyond the day to day responsibilities of Portfolio Management.
- Develops knowledge of competitor's products and pricing in the market served to identify community needs and opportunities for the bank to serve.
- Assists originations manage pipeline process, maintain monthly team reports, resource materials for existing and new CRA markets, brand/marketing materials and form template documents.
- College degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of specialized experience in commercial real estate or at least 3 years of real estate development or at least 3 years of Community Finance client management, underwriting or asset management
- MBA or Master's degree in Finance or Real Estate Development
- 5+ years of specialized experience in Community Finance
- Completion of credit training program (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and influencing skills with a high level of attention to detail.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top