Business Manager - Retail and Direct Banking
- McLean, VA
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Manager - Retail and Direct Banking
Summary: As a Business Analysis Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Retail and Direct Bank (RDB) line of business at Capital One encompasses the physical ABCs of Capital One - ATMs, Branches, and Cafes. This job posting is not for one specific role, but says that you would be interested in any Business Manager role within this line of business. Given that this is a very large group there are many types of roles you would find all with varying scopes of work. Below you will find a list, although not comprehensive, of examples of various teams within RDB.
The NASA team is working on deploying advanced tools to measure the impact of TV and provide optimization recommendations. TV advertising is driving high level awareness and consideration, as well as interest and traffic to our bank website, which behaviors our tools are able to connect. This type of innovative usage of digital technology allows us to be at the forefront of understanding the elusive connection between TV advertising and concrete KPIs such as account opening and incremental deposits. From multi-touch attribution to media mix modeling to TV analytics platforms, our goal is to develop an industry leading framework to optimize our full funnel marketing spend.
The Legacy Markets pod in the Consumer Bank Market Strategy Team owns the end to end strategic intent for our physical presence "ABCs" - ATMs, Branches and Cafes - in our legacy branch markets (the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Louisiana and Texas). This team plays an integral role in defining the purpose of and vision for the future state of our physical points of presence as innovation drives migration towards online banking.
Cafe Expansion - The Retail Bank is embarking on an audacious blitz to grow Customers and deposits - via compelling new products, competitive pricing, and groundbreaking market strategies. As we hope to build a national banking brand, we've deployed a fleet of Cafés, which serve as our way of adding a truly revolutionary physical customer experience to our standout marketing, industry-leading products, and an award-winning digital experience. These strategies are resulting in us attracting a wave of new Customers. Our thin network of iconic Cafés will help us not only showcase our brand in a truly stand-out fashion to these Customers but also grow our business and deposit-base in markets where we've never had physical presence.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top