Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Business Manager - Digital Strategy
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative individual to join Capital One's elite Digital Strategy team that is defining and leading the company's transformation into a great information and software company. As a Business Manager for this ultra-high impact team, you will focus on overall strategy definition, identification and evaluation of new areas for investment, and supporting strategy execution across our enterprise team and lines of business. Areas of emphasis include digital payments and commerce, digital identity, technology platforms, as well as emerging technologies such as machine learning / AI and blockchain.
This team thinks strategically about entire industries to identify new sources of value for the company and builds the organizational momentum needed to seize breakout growth trajectories. This position will afford the right candidate extraordinary opportunities to spearhead Capital One's transformation, creating and monetizing new opportunities at the intersection of technology and financial services.
This is a high-impact and rewarding strategy role, where you get to work with some of the most forward-leaning and innovative leaders in the industry to define our company's future direction. Constantly seeking to understand ongoing developments and their implications - excel in isolating signal from noise and communicating complex concepts in compelling and actionable ways to senior audiences, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves to understand critical details when needed.
- Drive and support a range of strategic initiatives, partnering with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Identify and evaluate new business models and opportunities from emerging technologies. Given the extent of our goals, this may include evaluating potential partnerships, alliances, and acquisitions to advance our strategic agenda.
- Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and "executive-ready" presentations.
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment.
- Ensure that our recommendations are driven through to implementation, by providing thought leadership and, when necessary, stepping in to lead execution.
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the concrete impact our initiatives are having on key business results.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or within a top tier corporate strategy / venture capital group.
- Experience with strategy and innovation in technology, telecom, media, and/or financial services; start-up experience a plus.
- Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint).
- High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).