Business Manager - Commercial Bank
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Manager - Commercial Bank
In late 2015, Capital One's Commercial Banking division vaulted into the top 10 list of national commercial banks after a multi-year strategic investment in transforming Commercial from a collection of small local banks into a strong regional player. Our transformation included a complete overhaul of supporting technology systems, building up a core data capability, standardizing processes, and proving out the value of Capital One strategic analytics applied within a Commercial business context. Having established credible scale in this industry, Capital One leadership began considering the next big step. Part of that answer was to invest in building dedicated business line and product analytics teams to provide strategic guidance, creating capabilities that drive sustainable competitive advantage, and significantly enhance risk management practices. We have since grown to partner with more than 6,100 clients with excess of $65 billion in our loan portfolio.
As a Business Manager in our Commercial Banking division, you'll be exposed to financial solutions such as Commercial Lending, Capital Markets, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, and Corporate Credit Cards to a variety of industries including Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Financial Institutions, Energy, TMT, and to Middle Market companies around the country.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytics & credit risk management
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. Foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various solutions, including Commercial Lending, Capital Markets, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, and Corporate Credit Cards; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Marketing: Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Technology, Sales, Operations, Finance, Product and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, and profitability
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top