Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Business Analysis Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This role resides in our Internal Services Experience. The Business Analysis Manager will report to the Command Center lead, providing guidance to junior analysts, working with cross functional teams across the organization to troubleshoot customer problems, find and share operational insights and drive outstanding business outcomes.
A successful candidate will bring 5 or more years of experience in a highly analytical role, with the demonstrated ability to use data to solve business issues, work across teams to present strategic solutions and drive positive change. A closely matched background to this role would include an understanding of the principles of data science and consumer credit lending dynamics.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction for junior analysts on the team
- Quality Assurance: Own Quality assurance and strategy for Loan Servicing business
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvement in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Product Management, IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, or Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis role
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- At least 3 years of SQL
- At least 1 year of people leader experience
- Master's Degree or MBA
- 3 or more years of SQL, Python, or R
- 5 or more years of experience in business analysis in a corporate setting
- 3 or more years of experience in consulting
- 2 or more years of people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top