Business Manager - Bank Fraud Defense
East Shore 2 (12025), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Manager - Bank Fraud Defense
As a Business Analysis Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Retail and Direct Bank (RDB) Fraud Defense team is responsible for developing strategies and defenses to protect Capital One and our RDB Customers from various forms of fraud. As we modernize our systems to meet the needs of digital customers, balancing management of fraud losses while creating a great customer experience is critical to our future success.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will prevent fraud losses, support growth and profitability of the Bank, and promote competitive success for Capital One in the face of continuously evolving fraud risks
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Partner with teams developing and implementing new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future fraud trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the fraud defense, policy, and control strategies. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership mindset: Ability to partner with and influence team members and business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top