Business Manager - B2B Payments & Product Strategy
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Manager - B2B Payments & Product Strategy
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative Manager to join a new team within Capital One's Enterprise Products and Platforms organization focused on B2B Payments Strategy and Product.
As a Manager for this high impact team, you will focus on overall strategy definition, identification and evaluation of new areas for investment, and partnering with key business stakeholders to help drive the development of new B2B payments products and capabilities. This position will afford the right candidate extraordinary opportunities to spearhead Capital One's growth in a critical area and help create new capabilities and products at the intersection of the Commercial, Small Business, and payment domains.
This is a demanding and rewarding role, where you get to work with some of the most forward-leaning and innovative leaders in the industry to define our company's future direction. You need to be a great conceptual thinker and a student of the financial and tech world - constantly seeking to understand ongoing developments and their implications - excel in isolating signal from noise and communicating complex concepts in compelling and actionable ways to senior audiences, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves to understand critical details when needed.
You will have the liberty to define your own path to solutions, focused on results, not process. You will need to be highly proactive and self-driven, yet also be willing to take direction and respond to urgent requests when needed. Your strategic insights will drive tangible change and help lead Capital One through one of the most ambitious transformations in corporate America.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of commercial / corporate B2B payments, including market trends, competitive landscape, new solutions coming to market (e.g., Real Time Payments), and the potential impact of new technology and players in this space.
- Educate key stakeholders on commercial / corporate B2B payments.
- Define a mid to long term strategic agenda for commercial / corporate B2B payments, partnering with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and "executive-ready" presentations.
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment.
- Ensure that our recommendations are driven through to implementation, by providing thought leadership and, when necessary, stepping in to lead execution.
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the concrete impact our initiatives are having on key business results.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in commercial / corporate B2B payments or treasury services at a major U.S. financial institution, Fintech, or related player.
- Experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or within a top tier corporate strategy / venture capital group.
- Experience with strategy and innovation in technology and/or financial services; start-up experience a plus.
- Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint).
- High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
If you feel as excited about this opportunity as we do, please do get in touch. We're here to innovate our business, and want the best and most passionate strategists to join and lead the revolution!
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis
• At least 3 years of experience in qualitative analysis
• Master's Degree
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top