Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Manager position with Capital One, National Association in Plano, TX; Multiple positions available:
- Manage economic research and planning to develop business strategy.
- Manage the compilation, analysis, and reporting of economic data using econometric data modeling and sampling techniques to support strategic proposals.
- Apply knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis; SAS or similar statistical analysis tool; SQL; Teradata or similar relational database tool; statistical modeling; and regression analysis to direct and manage the study of economic and statistical data to understand industry growth trends, other mega-trends and drivers; key competitors and other market participants; and the company's presence in the market, as well as the overall economic impact of these factors on business strategy.
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to business partners to coordinate strategy and business plan development and implementation.
- Manage ad-hoc strategic presentations addressing economic guidelines and standards and points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic solutions as dictated by senior management.
The position requires a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Business Administration, or a related quantitative analytical field, 2 years experience in job offered or performing business analysis of statistical and econometric data, and the following skill set through education or work experience: business strategy development; quantitative and qualitative analysis; SAS or similar statistical analysis tool; SQL; Teradata or similar relational database tool; statistical modeling; regression analysis; and presentation of complex economic concepts and research results to non-specialist audience. Must pass company's assessment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top