McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Business Analysis Manager on the Bank's People Analytics team at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to the exciting new field of People Analytics.
You will team up with world-class professionals and senior leadership to delve into major people management and talent initiatives, such as:
• Using HR data to accelerate and streamline recruiting and selection
• Understanding and predicting associate turnover, and working with business leaders to boost retention
• Understanding how culture, learning, and talent management actions shape productivity and performance by using real, hard data about behavior and associate outcomes
...and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Partner with HR and Business leaders to identify talent management challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling/Analytics: Perform modeling/analytics to provide senior leaders with insight into the potential impacts of new or existing talent management programs and processes
- Solution Design and Ownership: Identify opportunities to make people management processes smarter and faster with data. Work with leaders to design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small but high performing team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: A confident decision-maker, able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on understanding what our customers need and how to most effectively meet their short and long term needs
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
• At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in people management
• At least 1 year of experience in project management
• Master's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 2+ years of experience in people management
• 2+ years of experience in product development
• 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
• 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
• 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top