Business Director, People Analytics
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Director, People Analytics
At Capital One, People Analytics is a center of excellence within HR. From recruiting & hiring to learning & development, diversity, engagement, employee retention, compensation, etc., our team will be the analytics engine supporting our business clients to build and sustain high performing teams. As a leader within People Analytics, you and your team will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our internal business customers to make fact-based people- and org-related decisions. This is a new area of focus in Capital One, and as such it is a very exciting time to join this team; you will have an opportunity to exercise considerable latitude shaping your priorities and problem-solving approaches.
We are looking for a creative problem solver to work as a Business Director in our corporate headquarters in McLean, VA or our office in Richmond, VA. As a Business Director, you will lead and grow a new team that supports our Consumer Credit Card business's talent strategy. This is a very high priority, high profile role. You will regularly engage with VP+ leaders in HR as well as the Card business to answer talent questions and offer proactive insights and recommendations.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Use creativity and a variety of data sources to solve open-ended, complex questions around how we should attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Act as a trusted advisor on sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to employee performance, compensation, etc.
- Assess the business impacts of Card talent management decisions, and identify priorities and opportunities based on potential value
- Connect people data to business performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights
- Oversee development and implementation of statistical models to predict employee and business outcomes
- Produce sound recommendations and accurate findings under tight deadlines when urgent issues arise
- Automate or rationalize basic reporting to allow your team to focus on high-value analyses
- Be an intellectually curious knowledge leader, able to identify and apply promising techniques and findings from industry and academia
- Quickly build a wide network of partners and collaborators within the Card business and HR partners (e.g., recruiting)
- Delegate analysis effectively while providing substantive coaching and technical expertise
- Be seen as a people leader, investing and growing talent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years experience in quantitative analytics in a business environment
- At least 2 years developing and deploying statistical models
- At least 3 years leading a team
- MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field, including research and analysis-focused work in Industrial / Organizational Psychology
- 2+ years experience working in the financial services industry
- 2+ years experience working with contemporary data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau)
- 2+ years experience using scripting languages (e.g., R, Python) to perform data extraction, transformation, and analysis
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top