Business Director, Fraud and Disputes
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Director, Fraud and Disputes
As a Strategic Operations Leader in Card Fraud & Disputes Operations (FDO), you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for transforming the infrastructure and customer service experience for Fraud and Disputes. You will regularly integrate and influence multiple groups and be seen as a strong consultant by business and strategy partners in developing strategic capabilities and executing sustainable customer and agent experiences. You will educate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders to ensure the technology and processes deliver breakthrough business results and radically transform customer service.
A successful candidate will have proven experience analyzing and developing technical solutions. You will have very strong influencing and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional communications skills at all levels. Building win-win partnerships with multiple stakeholders and navigating complex, competing priorities are also default essentials for this role.
- Consult with business partners to understand complex problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, influencing and escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Includes clarifying and defining transformation requirements / scope for cross-functional problems.
- Conduct independent research and analysis to solve ambiguous client problems. Work with transformation teams to develop recommendations to clients (e.g., senior management and/or executives) enabling them to make key business decisions.
- Own high impact transformation initiatives and contribute to the overall outcomes, definition, scoping, design, and delivery.
- Manage multiple initiatives simultaneously using strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Distill big picture intent into to tactical requirements and implementation plans.
- Create and deliver presentations to senior management. Guide and influence senior management discussions and decisions.
- Create over-arching roadmaps, in partnership with tech, product and intent teams
- Work with project and product teams for strategic programs / initiatives, to integrate the customer and agent design to develop processes that track progress, identify and address issues
- Create, establish, and manage communications across teams to ensure optimal engagement of associates and leaders
- Ultimately responsible for day-to-day operational aspects of the initiative; participate in developing products, benefits definition, management of changes in the Operational environment, and assigning and managing team accountabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of combined experience in operations, call center and/or customer service leadership role in digital/servicing environments.
- 8+ years experience in leading large teams of 500+ associates
- 2+ years product management or development in the digital world
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top