McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Director, Credit Risk Management
This role is for a Credit Governance Advisor to support Capital One's growing business. The position is in Consumer Credit Risk Management (CCRM) and provides credit risk partnership to first line Credit Officers and analysts. It's an exciting opportunity for a high-trajectory analyst to demonstrate and develop your credit talent. You will work directly with some of Capital One's best credit leaders, in both the first and second lines of defense. You will manage a team of professional analysts and lead cross-functional project work to influence the development of Capital One's credit programs. You will gain exposure and experience with credit analysis that is not available anywhere else in the company. And you will learn how one of the world's best credit companies manages and governs our credit risks.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in credit analytics and the ability to partner with and influence senior credit leaders in both the first and second lines of defense. You should have a desire to grow your portfolio of credit experiences, strong results focus, and great attention to detail.
Placing you center stage in a business built on rigorous analytic credit risk management & marketing, your responsibilities will include -
- Credit Risk Management: leading the oversight and management of our Consumer Lending programs. Spotting potential unidentified risks and ensuring a policy and infrastructure that supports risk management
- Challenging the status quo, while supporting the shaping of the strategic intent for products and marketing efforts
- Supporting step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, and testing hypotheses using rigorous analysis and monitoring
- Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including Marketing and Analytics, Data Scientists, Finance, Risk Management and others to drive improvement in analytical quality, credit results and profitability
- Partner with other top credit leaders to develop business strategies that will drive competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behaviors
- Lead a team of high performing analysts, and assume leadership roles on high-profile, cross functional project work
What we expect to see -
- Experience in credit risk management, credit policy or underwriting from a financial institution or consulting
- A track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to combine business experience and insights with analytical modelling skills to reach results that are both intuitive and technically sound
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business
- Strong communication and strategic influencing skills
- A focus on achieving both short and long term goals, with the ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Experience managing people in a professional, analytical environment
What's in it for you;
- Bring us all this - and you'll be rewarded with a role offering a real depth of intellectual challenge as you assess major decisions at the forefront of our organization
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programs (and appropriate external providers)
- A competitive, world-class benefits package focused on health and wellness for our associates and their families
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 3+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top