NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Commercial Bank Marketing team within the Commercial Bank is looking for a Director of Business Analysis to lead its newly-created Horizontal Technology and Analysis Team.
This role will work across the entire Commercial Marketing & M&A team to drive the Commercial business forward by developing a customer-centric, data and technology driven marketing infrastructure aligned to business outcomes and enabling connectivity to sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop Marketing intent for technology tools and coordinate with partners (i.e. sales / service cloud) to coordinate and prioritize implementation alongside other technology
- Integrate and optimize existing capabilities with the goal of creating a holistic client and prospect view and building world-class B2B Marketing capabilities
- Identify use cases, pilot, and Implement marketing automation technology
- Develop a data and technology infrastructure to support execution and continuous improvement of marketing strategy
- Develop a technology, data, and analytical infrastructure to support execution and continuous optimization of marketing strategy
- Analyze current capability effectiveness, marketing spend and external B2B marketing landscape
- Define and conduct tests within our marketing channels and evaluate their effectiveness
- Define key KPIs and enable the Marketing team with self-serve data, reporting, and metrics
Build the marketing muscle across the organization by leveraging information and data to educate and inspire.
The role will have management responsibilities the ability to work cross-functionally within a complex organization. The individual will need to communicate across all levels of the organization, including executive presentations. As this team is engaged mostly in white space, comfort with ambiguity is a must. This is an exciting time to join the Commercial Marketing team, as we're expanding into new channels, deepening our content marketing capabilities, and actively connecting marketing activities to the sales process.
Prior marketing experience, business development, or product management with a focus on acquisitions highly regarded.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to manage up, across, and down in a large organization and win support for change recommendations
- Ability to support and lead new business initiatives from ideation through implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine intellectual curiosity, creativity, and passion for achieving business results
- Solid business judgment
- Understanding of data environments/infrastructure and quantitative analytical/statistical skills
- Experience in translating business requirements to technology needs
- Comfort establishing relationships with individuals in a wide range of job families
- Familiarity with marketing technology and specific implementation experience
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, or Engineering) or military experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree
- Demonstrated marketing, product management, or business development skills
- Demonstrated people management skills
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top