Business Development Banker (Houston)
5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Development Banker (Houston)
The Business Development Banker generates business loans, new deposits, Treasury Management services, and other revenue income to Capital One Bank. The principal role of the Business Development Banker is meeting with prospects, developing strong relationships in their respected marketplace, and closing business. It's essential that the Business Development Banker has strong existing Centers of Influence and continues to build their COI's by networking with CPA's, attorney's and Commercial Real Estate agents. Once an opportunity is won, the Business Development Banker will continue to retain the client within the banker's book of business with a focus on and deepening the relationship.
DUTIES OF ALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS
• Identify and develop new business relationships that have annual revenues between $2MM - $20MM
• 80-90% of time will be spent in market generating business by meeting with prospects, outside calling, attending networking functions, and community events
• Work closely with Centers of Influence (COI) to include CPA's, lawyers, and commercial real estate brokers to assist in driving new business. Also, have a well-defined marketing strategy that will target his/her respected goals
• Effectively onboard business prospects and grow existing business customer's lending, depository, and treasury management relationships
• Understand and carry out senior management's (Group Sales Executive, Market Sales Executive and Market Credit Executive) sales objective(s) within their respective marketplace / territory
• Partner with multiple lines of business within Capital One including but not limited to: Treasury Management, Wealth Management, and Vantiv Merchant Services to help cross-sell Capital One products and services and deepen new and existing banking relationships
• Have in-depth experience of the pre-qualification, structuring, and pricing on all credit requests to adhere to Capital One Bank profitability standards
• Maintain a strong understanding of Capital One's credit policy, evaluate risk on credit and depository products, and recognize client eligibility to successfully submit credit/application packages.
• Stay current with national, regional, and local industry trends
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with customers and prospects
• Strong Center of Influence (COI) network - required
• Experience in analyzing financial statements - required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong prospecting and sales skills
• Credit knowledge
• At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
• 4 years of Business Banking experience
• Formal Credit training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top