BSR Accounting Manager
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
BSR Accounting Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Product Controllers Card Accounting team as a Manager focusing on operational accounting for credit card related activities. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced time sensitive environment. The Credit Card business is a growing line of business with new products, system integrations and countless opportunities to make positive and substantive contributions to the organization. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing the reconciliation of all inflows and outflows of monetary transactions, ensuring all appropriate g/l entries and cash clearings are made. Ensures governmental compliance of established financial and monetary flows and that internal quality and timeliness standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Manages associates within area of responsibility and ensures that Capital One personnel policies are adhered to throughout the area for On-shore & Off-Shore Teams.
- Responsible for the clearing and reconciliation of all accounts assigned to team or monitored by team. Ensures clearing standards are achieved, CORE's are completed timely and reporting/metrics are delivered.
- Manages the daily recording and reconciliation of settlement activity with MasterCard & Visa, ensuring cash clears and ledger entries are recorded. Interfaces with the Associations on all settlement issues.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Utilizes independent decision making and problem-solving skills to address reconciliation differences and follow-through to resolution.
- Interfaces with other functional groups to ensure all monetary policies and procedures comply with federal, state, and local financial report regulations.
- Interfaces with Technology to ensure management and controls for the following processes are met: job production, file transmission, file/records balancing and incident reporting.
- Interfaces with Agile Teams to ensure successful monetary transition of acquired portfolios, new monetary processes, deconversions, etc.
- Interfaces and supports Operations Management (i.e., Back Office, Disputes, Fraud, etc.) with escalated reconciliation issues, ReconPlus guidance and performance reporting.
- Interfaces with third party vendors and correspondent bank affiliations to ensure all activity between entities is handled in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Assembles data and prepares special analysis, summaries or accounting reports, including projection reports, as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, at least 3 years of financial reporting experience, at least 3 years of audit experience, or any combination
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- CPA and/or MBA
- 4+ years of accounting experience in banking or insurance industry
- 3+ years of accounting experience with client/vendor contracts
- 2+ years of Public Accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of ReconPlus and Association Settlement
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top