Brand Paid Media, Principal Associate
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Brand Paid Media, Principal Associate
Are you ready to apply your media expertise to a dynamic Fortune 200 company? Are you looking for a place where you can be curious, drive change, and grow your career in ways you never imagined? If so, we want to talk to you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented media professional to join Capital One's Brand Media Department as a Principal Associate, serving as an internal subject matter expert responsible for paid media strategy, planning and activation of media investment for Brand and assigned Lines of Businesses (LOBs). The ideal candidate will have experience planning, analyzing and optimizing across a variety of paid media including traditional and emerging platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring that media plans align with the overall marketing strategy and deliver on Brand objectives. Role also includes management of external Agency partners. This position is responsible for paid media programs, not earned media or public relations
The Brand Paid Media, Principal Associate will:
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy, Advertising, Sponsorships, Social and Marketing & Analysis teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Support Brand and product campaigns across mass media channels including video, print, audio, and OOH platforms
- Develop paid media plans that drive innovation and impact by incorporating new channels and using traditional channels in unique ways
- Evaluate research, develop points of view and craft paid media strategies and tactics to address business objectives
- Support Brand and LOB (line of business) media plan execution and maintenance; manage media authorizations, flowcharts, and plan actualizations
- Manage paid media campaign budgets, including monthly reconciliation and reporting
- Develop solid understanding of financial services competitive category; stay current with media trends and identify opportunity areas
- Build strong agency partner and media vendor relationships
- Track, benchmark and report on key performance metrics
What you will bring to the position:
- Experience in Credit Card, Bank or other Financial Services industry
- Proven communication and influence skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business critical needs
- Previous management of large multi-media budgets for Fortune 500 brands
- Experience writing media briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners
- General understanding of media principles, planning and buying functions, and media software and research tools (MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, Nielsen, comScore)
- Strong digital media experience including desktop, mobile, social, and video including understanding of ad serving, tagging, and reporting requirements
- Bachelors Degree or Military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as a paid media planner or media buyer with an advertising agency or corporate environment
- At least 4 years of experience managing national or local integrated media programs and budgets
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top