BI Platform Data Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
BI Platform Data Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about engineering leading-edge business intelligence, visual analytics and data technologies to join our team (#ilovedata)! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
As a Capital One Platform Data Engineer you will be working to support current analytics platforms while engineering new environments to support business intelligence and visual analytics in the cloud. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Big Data, AWS/Cloud infrastructure, and other analytics tools. You will be engineering the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems and administering these systems, but not creating the reports or dashboards that will be products of these systems.
- Lead delivery of new BI and Visual Analytics Platforms while supporting existing technologies
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of analytical systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Works under broad direction. Is fully accountable for own technical work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Establishes own milestones and team objectives. Work is often self-initiated.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define, design and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Develop, test, implement and document technical engineering solutions to assist business partners self-service their analytic needs
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Science and can make correct choices from alternatives.
- Write and analyze queries, object oriented and/or scripting languages.
- Understand big data as well as cloud based data technologies and applications. Able to engineer solutions for the business to effectively utilize these data solutions while minimizing impact to system performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience administering and supporting a SAP Business Objects and/or Tableau platform
- At least 2 years of experience with scripting and query writing
- At least 2 years of experience working with diverse data sources, including both structured and unstructured data (#ilovedata)
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years’ experience with Windows Server and/or Linux server administration
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent
- 2+ years designing & implementing Cloud Services
- 2+ years operating & managing environments in AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience in object oriented programming languages such as Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop & other Big Data Technologies #bigdata
- 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics technologies
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform, Tableau, QlikView or BI Security User administration certifications
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top