Backend Java Software Engineer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Backend Java Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services and backend systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We leverage both emerging and traditional technologies like Node, Java, Angular, React, Python, REST, Ruby, HTML/HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, just to name a few. We believe in our people and provide endless opportunities for you to grow and expand your skillset.
This role is for development on the CreditWise application, which is a free credit monitoring tool that helps users understand, improve, and protect their credit. With over 29 million users across our Web, Android, and iOS apps, it's a fantastic place to exercise your development skills and get exposure to a breadth of technologies at scale. Want to know more about what we're building? Visit us at https://creditwise.capitalone.com, or install our free app on your iOS or Android device!
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a wealth of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience with Java
- At least 3 years of software development experience developing RESTful APIs
- At least 1 years of experience in one of the following: SQL, NoSQL, RDBMS, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Master's degree
- Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Terraform)
- CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitHub, Chef, CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible)
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Monitoring tools (Splunk, CloudWatch)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top