Back End Java Manager (AWS/DevOps)
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Back End Java Manager (AWS/DevOps)
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll work on large-scale, reliable, cloud-based applications to power Capital One's does business. You will design, development and implement applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Using your solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Python, REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, CSS, Docker, along with Serverless, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
Who You Are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on GitHub and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the Agile software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architecture, designers, and other engineers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop secure, architecturally-aligned, resilient code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure compliance adherence with standards
- Provide and continuously improve effort estimates for assigned tasks
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to Create and update relevant system documentation program development and revisions
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers
- Demo your work for your team, stakeholders, and other interested engineering groups
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience programming in Java
- At least 2 years experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
- At least 2 years of AWS cloud based development experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring framework
- At least 1 years of container development experience
- 2+ years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development or running large-scale applications
- 2+ years of experience with one of the following Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top