AVP/VP, Specialty Underwriter
Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AVP/VP, Specialty Underwriter
VP, Underwriting - Healthcare ABL (Asset-Backed Lending)
Capital One Healthcare (formerly GE Capital's Healthcare Financial Services) business is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, deploying approximately $9 billion in new commitments to customers via 200+ transactions in 2013. That adds up to more than $65 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fourth consecutive year, the Healthcare Finance business (HFS) was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
Customers across45 healthcare sectors - including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices - rely on HFS to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the HFS team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
As an AVP/Vice President, you provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting Healthcare ABL transactions. This includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. Manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts.
- Works with the lead to underwrite and seek approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for existing customers.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large structured loan transactions.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Manages, monitors and reports on a portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
- May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team members.
- Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
Ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals; specifically, ABL lending experience.
- Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- Negotiating legal documentation.
- Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Underwriting and managing loans to companies in the healthcare sector
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of asset backed lending experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top