AV Support Technician
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AV Support Technician
The Support Technician role supports Video Conference and Unified Communication day to day root cause analysis and resolution. This role requires understanding of standard IT functionalities as well as the ability to execute technical resolution
- Ability to coordinate with customers and assist with Audio, Video Conferencing, Touch Panels, and deskside involving Unified Communications
- Facilitate training to broaden user knowledge in using Video Conference rooms and Unified Communication tools such as Skype for Business
- Perform preventative maintenance on UC equipment to ensure full functionality of all endpoints. Endpoints include Polycom, Crestron equipment and deskside PC
- Technically inclined to troubleshoot projectors and screens and able to replace projector lamps if needed as well as coordinate RMA vendor returns.
- Ability to identify root cause incidents and capture key details to expedite resolution with vendors and status the team in a timely manner
- Ability to coordinate incident resolution from beginning to end while being aware of any escalation to their manager for visibility
- Knowledgeable in Unified Communications (UC) technology and Deskside Support with the ability to assimilate technologies under an IT centric solution
- Experience with Skype for Business, Crestron RL2, Crestron Fusion, Polycom Group Series, Polycom Sound Structures, Crestron Touch Panel, Desktop Support and Windows and MAC Operating System administration
- Ability to demonstrate AV Conference Bridge Support expertise and consistent positive feedback from customers.
- High School diploma, GED, or military experience
- At least 2 years of video conferencing experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in Desktop Support
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top