AV Support Specialist
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AV Support Specialist
- Act as technical lead in support of executive level corporate events
- Schedule incoming requests, work with customers to define and refine needs
- Act as technical project manager to support multi-location events
- Coordinate between internal clients, external vendors, and tech leads for support of each event
- Document technical requirements and maintain consistency across the multiple locations
- Determine technology requirements and costs necessary to support the request, communicate constantly with customers, vendors, and other team members.
- Work with vendors to provide any necessary external assistance.
- Set up, test and operate audiovisual and IT equipment, provide direction during rehearsals and events; respond to last minute changes and requests.
- As necessary, you will also install off-site IT equipment including printers, computers, and routers, wireless and wired networks.
- Provide testing and troubleshooting for IT Equipment.
- Provide post-event follow up
- Ability to travel as required for business approximately 50% of the time, inclusive of weekends
- High School diploma, GED, or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the Audiovisual Industry or at least 2 years of experience in the Production Industry
- At least 1 year Audiovisual Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with Project Management
- 1+ years of experience with multimedia systems and controls
- 1+ years of experience with analog and digital audio consoles, wireless microphones, and supporting audio gear
- 1+ years of experience with Analog Way or Barco production video switchers, matrixes, converters, recording and playback gear
- 1+ years of experience managing project budgets and timelines
- 1+ years of experience interacting with the Senior Executives and their planning teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top