Automation Test Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Automation Test Engineer
As the Automation Test Engineer on the Messaging team at Capital One you will be responsible for coordinating and developing full automation for our integrated test scenarios and regression test suites in support of our enterprise search platform based on Elastic Search in AWS. As well as leading work to automate test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration, acceptance and performance testing, you will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.
- Develops, automates and manages software test environments with focus on feature, negative and performance/scale aspects.
- Defines and maintains test system configuration and test data.
- Performs test executions and creates test scripts for complex integrated systems.
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles. Defines and maintains test standards and quality assurance tasks.
- Implements test processes on projects, writes test plans, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Partners with the Devops team to leverage the CI/CD process for Test Automation.
- Partners with agile team testers to increase testing efficiencies across all Digital Messaging teams.
- Produces reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Functional and Regression testing suites.
- At least 2 years of experience with at least one testing tool or framework.
- At least 3 years of experience with creating test automation suites.
- At least 2 years of experience testing back end APIs
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Programming experience with Java or any Object Oriented/Functional programming language.
- Experience with Ruby/Cucumber, Selenium, Jmeter, SOAPUI, HP-QC/ALM, or similar.
- 2 years of experience with AWS.
- 3 years of Performance testing experience.
- 2 years of experience with UNIX shell scripting.
- 2 years of experience with NOSQL Database Technologies.
- 1 year of experience with CI Tools (Jenkins/ Hudson).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top