Automation Test Engineer
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Automation Test Engineer
Automation Test Engineer position with Capital One Investing, LLC in McLean, VA; multiple positions available:
- Develop, implement and maintain automation frameworks for effective and efficient test execution for various types of software applications including, but not limited to, data warehousing, file movement, and web services.
- Identify software problems and their causes, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles.
- Analyze risk identifiers and develop, implement, and improve complex automated testing software.
- Design test cases, scenarios, and scripts and implement automated test infrastructure that will support regression testing and new functionality testing targeting areas such as database impacts, software design scenarios, or usability.
- Define criteria for testing, develop and implement new automation scripts and/ or modify existing automation scripts, and analyze test results.
- Design and implement test strategies and effective test automation solutions.
- Establish and maintain physical, virtual and test automation labs for effective automation execution.
- Participate in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications, and documenting problems, software defects, and test defects.
- Prepare guide manuals and process related documents.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field and 3 years of experience in job offered or software design, development, or testing. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field and 3 years of experience in software design, development, or testing will accept 5 years of experience as stated. Must have the following skills through education or work experience: Test Automation Framework; Selenium in Java; Protractor; relational databases including writing SQL queries and statements; Unix including writing shell scripts; testing metrics including Automation Penetration; and tracking and calculating Defect Acceptance Rate and creating Defect Summary Reports. Must pass company's assessment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top