Automation Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Automation Software Engineer
Are you inspired by making an impact on test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence through a great compensation and benefits package? If so, don't miss this chance to work as an Automation Software Engineer for one of the largest banks in the country!
This team supports our Messaging platform, which is a large integrated platform that manages our Bank & Credit Card customer digital messaging functionality (alerts, email, SMS, mobile notifications, and secured messages) from alert preferences to delivery and marketing campaigns. The technology stack is primarily Java/APIs, Elastic Search, and Kafka and Microservices. It is also cloud-based and open sourced. It is integrated with front end (UI) and other back end technologies systems.
- Develop, automate and manage software test environments with focus on feature, negative and performance/scale aspects.
- Define and maintain test system configuration and test data.
- Perform test executions and create test scripts for complex integrated systems.
- Establish goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Define and maintain test standards and quality assurance tasks.
- Implement test processes on projects, write test plans, procedures and scripts, and analyze test results.
- Partner with the DevOps team to leverage the CICD processes for test automation.
- Partner with agile team testers to increase testing efficiencies across all Digital Messaging teams.
- Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Functional, Regression and Performance testing suites
- At least 1 year of experience with Java and Spring
- At least 1 year of experience with Ruby
- At least 1 year of experience with Cucumber
- At least 3 years of experience with creating test automation suites in CICD pipelines
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL Database Technologies
- 1+ years of experience with Kafka
- 1+ years of experience with Microservices
- 1+ years of experience with configuration management systems
- 1+ years of experience with AWS
- 1+ years of experience with GitHub, SVN, Jenkins or Hudson
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top