West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer in DevOps, you'll work on a variety of software products and services supporting the fully-automated provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of software services in one or more public cloud providers. You'll have opportunities to work on cutting-edge products and tools using some of the latest technologies including: Java, Python, Ruby, Go Lang, Linux shell scripting for Red Hat, Centos, an Ubuntu, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, node.js, AngularJS, and others to support the migration to the Amazon Cloud and potentially other cloud providers.
We deliver using Agile Scrum or Kanban. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily stand-ups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will play an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers.
- Develop procedures and software tools to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments). Promote new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all in-house developed, open source, and commercial credit DevOps tooling owned by the team
- Help build scalable automated test infrastructure
- Employ innovative solutions to ease developer and testing experience
- Manage a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment
- Help the team design and test scalable systems
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- At least 2 years of scripting experience with Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, Go, Clojure or Node.JS
- At least 2 years of experience working with DevOps tools and Configuration Management Orchestration technologies Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 2 years' experience with SVN, Git, Maven, Artifactory, Bamboo, Jenkins, Atlas, Nexus, Cucumber or Sonar
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- 2 year of experience with AWS including EC2, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, or Lambda
- 3 years of experience automating tasks, including software deployments and auto-scaling AWS applications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top