Audit Senior Manager
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Audit Senior Manager
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking energetic, self-motivated Senior Audit Manager interested in opportunities for the following audit teams:
- Commercial Bank
- Retail and Direct Bank
- Global Finance
- Risk Management
- Proactively monitor assigned audit universe for needed updates. Participate in continuous monitoring activities and update risk assessments, audit universe, and audit plan as needed.
- Direct or lead large, complex business unit and project audits.
- Develop engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions, and develop audit programs to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Design and sometimes execute internal control testing for audits, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level. Understand the broader context and implications of risks affecting the business. Identify and implement efficiencies in executing test work.
- Supervise and coordinate work assignments amongst audit team members. Provide timely feedback, on-the-job training, and coaching to audit staff.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key business and audit partners. Effectively communicate audit process, scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings. Appropriately tailor verbal and written communications based on audience.
- Assess relevance of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, improving or deteriorating trends, and demonstrate awareness of big picture issues. Interpret business priorities, anticipate issues and obstacles, and apply to scope of role.
- Manage timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects, special assignments, and administrative activities. Self-prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks across the team and department. Demonstrate the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Leverage specialized knowledge and skills, providing management with insight into their area of subject-matter focus. May be called upon to effectively represent internal audit at management meetings, internal forums, and to some external organizations.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Auditing, at least 7 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 7 years of experience in compliance or a combination
- At least 5 years of experience in leading audit engagements or in project management
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, Master's Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Risk Compliance Manager (CRCM) or a relevant certification
- 5+ years of experience in banking or the financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top