Audit Manager - Quality Assurance
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Audit Manager - Quality Assurance
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Audit is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Manager, with Audit experience, to join the Audit Practices team. The Audit Practices team oversees quality assurance and improvement program, audit methodology, training, knowledge management, and department-wide improvement initiatives for the department. This position, Quality Assurance Audit Manager, will be responsible for performing quality assurance reviews and driving key quality improvement initiatives. All associates are expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of key quality assurance reviews, including providing major input to planning and testing, as well as identification, development, and documentation of exceptions related to quality assurance reviews
- Deliver verbal and written communication to the audit teams and audit leadership
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with audit teams and audit leadership
- Design and execute best-in-class operational processes and improvement initiatives of moderate complexity for the quality assurance and improvement program
Additionally, as part of the broader Audit Practices team, the candidate will:
- Provide training and coaching to audit team members during quality assurance reviews as applicable, and the broader Audit Practices team
- Work independently under general supervision, and can exercise latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years of experience in accounting, at least 5 years of experience in financial analysis, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or a relevant certification
- 2+ years of experience in Banking or in the financial services industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top