- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Audit is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Manager to join the Chief of Staff, Reporting & Government Relations team. This Audit Manager position will serve as a liaison with the Regulatory Relations team and be responsible for managing critical projects across the Audit organization.
- Support and coordinate regulatory requests across the Audit organization
- Manage the Matters Requiring Attention (MRA) Forum including obtaining, reviewing, and validating materials; leading the MRA Validation Forum preparation meeting, Portfolio Summary, and Weekly Dashboard Review
- Manage Audit Action Plan activities and provide routine status updates to key stakeholders, including Audit Leadership and the Audit Committee
- Partner and liaise with various Audit teams as needed
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You integrate Agile principles into work products.
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
Candidates should earn the trust and confidence of the Senior Leadership team and develop a macro-level view of the company, department and profession, while taking a pragmatic and action-oriented approach that is geared towards execution and delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, in auditing, in regulatory relations, in risk management or a combination
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance
- Project Management Professional Certification
- 3+ years of experience in banking or a financial services firm
Back to top