Audit Manager - Credit Risk Management
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Audit Manager - Credit Risk Management
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Audit is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Manager to join the Credit Risk Management team. This Audit Manager position will be responsible for planning and execution of audits associated with Capital One's various credit risk management functions and related activities, including Corporate Credit Risk Management, Consumer Credit Risk Management, Commercial Credit Risk Management, and Credit Review.
- Maintains a centralized and coordinated view of Credit Risk Management and Loss Forecasting
- Provides assurance coverage over 2nd line Credit Risk Management groups (Consumer and Commercial) and develop and coordinate an effective Audit wide credit risk coverage and continuous monitoring
- Designs and executes internal control testing for audits demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level. Understand the broader context and implications of the various risks affecting the business. Identifies and implements efficiencies in executing test work.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments amongst audit team members. Provides timely feedback and coaching to audit staff.
- Establishes and maintains good auditee relations. Effectively communicates audit process, scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings.
- Assesses relevancy of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, improving or deteriorating trends, and demonstrates awareness of big picture issues. Interprets business priorities, anticipates issues and obstacles, and applies to scope of role.
- Manages timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects, special assignments, and administrative activities. Self-prioritizes and independently completes multiple tasks across the team and department. Demonstrates the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You have an understanding of heightened regulatory expectations for "Strong" risk management
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, in credit risk management, in financial analysis, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Professional certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Risk Management at a large bank or financial services organization
- Extensive experience in credit policy or underwriting from a financial institution or consulting
- A track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top