Audit Manager - Capital Management
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Audit Manager - Capital Management
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Manager interested in becoming part of our Audit team. As a member of the Audit team, the candidate will focus on audits of Capital Management and CCAR/DFAST.
- Leads audits or significant components of audits, including Capital Management and CCAR/DFAST.
- Develops engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions and develops audit programs to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Designs and executes internal control testing for audits, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level. Understands the broader context and implications of the various risks affecting the business. Identifies and implements efficiencies in executing test work.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments amongst audit team members. Provides timely feedback and coaching to audit staff.
- Establishes and maintains good auditee relations. Effectively communicates audit process, scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings.
- Assesses relevancy of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, improving or deteriorating trends, and demonstrates awareness of big picture issues. Interprets business priorities, anticipates issues and obstacles, and applies to scope of role.
- Manages timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects, special assignments, and administrative activities. Self-prioritizes and independently completes multiple tasks across the team and department. Demonstrates the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years of experience in CCAR/DFAST stress testing, at least 5 years of experience in Capital Management/Treasury, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge or leading capital management projects
- Master's Degree in Finance, Master's Degree in Auditing, Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a relevant certification
- 5+ years of experience in Banking or in the financial services industry
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing or capital management/Treasury functions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top