Associate Relationship Manager
Thornall (10011), United States of America, Edison, New Jersey
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Associate Relationship Manager
This position is for an entry-level business development banker focused on developing and servicing relationships with commercial clients in the Middle Market Banking Group. This role supports senior Relationship Managers (RMs) in preparing customer proposals, analyzing financials, completing pre-screen deal memos, managing prospecting databases and servicing customer relationships as a secondary relationship manager. Banker will also assist manager with data research, analysis and reporting.
- Assist senior Relationship Managers (RMs) in the preparation of customer presentations and term sheets, as well as manage the pipeline activity for sales reps and managers
- Shadow senior RMs to gain experience and provide support
- Under the direction of a Senior RM, complete pre-screen deal memos for senior RMs including analysis of industry and company financial condition, application of pricing models and evaluations of the viability and profitability of the opportunity
- Participate in the deal approval, underwriting and closing processes to acquire knowledge around products, deal structuring, market trends and client interaction
- Partner with internal stakeholders including Underwriting, Risk, Commercial Client Service and Support and Treasury Management to provide an exemplary customer experience
- Mine Salesforce.com and outside databases to keep data current, and to identify and prioritize corporate prospects and their key decision-makers
- Conduct cold calls across prospect database to develop "warm leads" for senior RMs
- Participate in business development networking activities as a member of the Middle Market Banking team
- Completion of a credit training program or the equivalent in work experience
- Proven success in Corporate Sales and/or Risk
- Team player with proven ability to execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and foster relationships with senior management of customers and prospects
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Highly proficient in MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Direct Sales or At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management or At least 2 years of experience in Finance or At least 2 years of experience in Audit or At least 2 years of experience in Sales Database Management
- A Master's in Business Administration or a Master's in Finance
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top