Android Tech Lead
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Android Tech Lead
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined hub for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market.
As an Android Tech Lead , you'll be responsible for developing the curriculum and contributing to the growth of mobile engineers throughout Capital One. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software craftsmanship and staying up to date with industry trends, enjoys teaching other engineers and leads by example.
You will use your knowledge of Android architecture, infrastructure, application development, and software development methodologies to own and drive an agenda that enables Capital One associates and executives to develop Mobile Engineering skills from basic to mastery levels. More importantly, this opportunity will enable you to foster an environment of innovation, and provide professional and personal growth. You would be leading curriculum development for Mobile Engineers throughout the company and recruiting experts to work on various projects from language education to building and creating applications at Capital One. This is not only an opportunity to give back but lead how we give back to the community of Mobile Engineers.
- Work with other teams to create curriculums and improve the quality of Mobile Engineering throughout Capital One
- Understand the strategy and architectures of Capital One
- Continually establish and adopt software craftsmanship best practices, including shifting left and secure coding
- Assist with mentoring and coaching of Mobile Engineers throughout Capital One
- Break down barriers for the developers through experience and ingenuity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with Kotlin and Java
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- 5+ years of mobile development for native Android applications
- 3+ years of experience with Kotlin
- 1+ years of experience with Android Frameworks
- 1 or more shipped Android apps
- A portfolio of open source code on GitHub
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top