Analyst, Commercial Real Estate Syndications
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Analyst, Commercial Real Estate Syndications
Analyst - Commercial Real Estate Syndications
At Capital One, we are a Top 10 U.S. Bank, with the strength and stability to meet the needs of any business. Our Commercial Banking group services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Our Commercial Bank is growing at a dynamic pace and offers a broad array of products and services, including but not limited to: Financing (Commercial Lending, Loan Syndications), Capital Markets (Interest Rate Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Investment Banking (including debt and equity capital markets), Institutional Sales & Trading, Equity Research), Treasury Management, and Wealth & Asset Management. Our services and specialties run the gamut - from Commercial Real Estate to Healthcare to Energy and TMT.
Capital One's commercial real estate business includes a national REIT and real estate private equity specialty lending group, a national multifamily lending business (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA), a real estate production team covering private developers in various markets across the country, and a leading healthcare real estate platform with specialties in medical properties and long-term care.
The Analyst in Loan Syndications will support the Commercial Real Estate Loan Syndications team by playing an integral role in supporting debt financings for commercial real estate and healthcare real estate customers. The individual will be responsible for providing industry and company-specific research, and assist in the preparation of financial models, deal related marketing materials, internal approvals memos and other analytics to support new business generation. Skills will be developed through significant exposure to senior and mid-level bankers, as well as external clients including corporate management teams, principals at financial sponsors and members of the general investor community.
General Responsibilities include, among others:
- Creating and maintaining macro and industry data series (such as databases of comparable loans) and company-specific financial models
- Drafting industry, sector, and company reports and presentations for internal use and external client meetings
- Direct work with external clients on the preparation of bank books, lender presentations and rating agency materials
Supporting deal execution during the syndications process by managing external client and investor requests, maintaining contact and questions lists, etc.
- Posting and distributing financial information/data relevant to existing transactions
- Actively participating in due diligence sessions
- Special projects to support new business generation
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in commercial real estate or commercial banking
- Developed communication skills (both written and oral)
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills
- High technological proficiency including mastery of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- At least 2 years of banking or commercial real estate experience preferred; syndications and / or DCM a plus
- Strong academic record and strong interest in finance and real estate
- Formal Credit Training a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and proficiency in multi-tasking; candidates are expected to hit the ground running
- Team player as much of the work is team-oriented, but also a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments individually
- Must have a strong interest in client and investor contact, given significant interactions with corporate management teams, principals from financial sponsors as well as members of the general investor community
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top