Agile/Scrum Program Manager
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agile/Scrum Program Manager
In an Agile leadership capacity, you will play the role of a Release Train Engineer in the agile Scrum and Kanban delivery space. In this role, you will leverage industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
Cross team delivery:
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the program in risk management
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top