Agile Delivery Manager, Commercial Card
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agile Delivery Manager, Commercial Card
As an agile delivery manager / scrum master in Capital One's Commercial Card business, you will manage day-to-day program delivery and drive results in the Sales to Spend (S2S) Pod. The S2S Pod is an innovation testbed, tasked with pioneering innovative concepts and process improvements to transform and evolve our Field Sales business model and increase sales, purchase volume and ultimately revenue. The agile delivery manager (or scrum master or flow master) will adapt best practices and discipline from Scrum and Kanban to deliver meaningful tests, insights and improvements in a fast-paced iterative fashion.
Adaptation of Agile Best Practices
- Serves as scrum master or flow manager (Kanban) for S2S Pod applying agile and lean principles and best practices to innovation projects and tests
- Ensures team develops and maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
Cross-functional Team Management
- Manage day-to-day operations to provide leverage to the Pod leader to focus on longer-term and bigger-picture problem-solving, advocacy throughout Commercial Card, and escalation of issues as needed
- Facilitate cross-team planning and interdependency identification. Clarify roles and responsibilities, task identification, ownership and deliverable commitments.
- Motivate and manage a team of cross-functional pod performers from different job families and organizations and foster a fast-paced and flexible team culture, encouraging and rewarding associates for engaging beyond their job description to get work done
- Foster collective ownership and problem-solving across both Field Sales and back office team members
- Communicate upwards to Pod leaders and stakeholder on Pod activities and achievements
- Facilitate the solicitation of feedback and continuously improve how team works
- Explore virtual collaboration to effectively integrate and make best use of a geographically disparate team.
- Be mindful of associate development, provide actionable feedback, and offer opportunities for them to thrive and grow in their careers
Focus on Delivering Transformational Results
Work with pod manager to facilitate ideation and prioritization efforts for S2S Pod and manage a robust backlog of concepts and tests Work to understand business model and address needs of Field Sales leadership and associates Contribute to operational design and implementation of test that are successful
Travel required <25% of time; primary locations McLean & Richmond with some travel to events in the Field.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of agile leadership experience (scrum master or flow manager) or agile coaching experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Kanban boards, Gantt charts
- At least 2 year of people management experience
- Any of the following:
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
- Experience in customer-facing roles or in a sales-oriented organization is a plus
- Process improvement, change management (particularly in dysfunctional or rapidly growing businesses), organizational transformation experience are all pluses
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Commercial Card is an exciting new business driving Capital One's strategy for Commercial Banking and serving as the vanguard for our National Payments franchise. The business is committed to delivering an innovative and industry-leading product and an outstanding customer experience across new markets throughout the US. The result of this is a unique atmosphere that fosters and rewards innovation, agility and creativity in a fast-paced highly energized and collaborative 'startup' environment.
The business culture encourages autonomy and ownership, but also collaborative problem-solving and brainstorming where valuable. A focus on teamwork and building long-term trusted partnerships, both within the team and beyond, are essential to success in this business. Associates who can thrive in a dynamic environment, think quickly on their feet and multitask, and are comfortable with both white space strategic thinking and insights driven through rigorous analytics will be best equipped to succeed in Commercial Card. Strong interpersonal skills, poise, a sense of humor, and a willingness to roll up one's sleeves and tackle diverse challenges as they come are invaluable in this business.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top