Agile Delivery Manager
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agile Delivery Manager
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an Agile Delivery Manager with strong technical and communication skills, problem solving abilities, and a deep customer affinity to join our HR Team.
This role sits within our HR Transformation Hub and is responsible for supporting the delivery of key HR initiatives as well as effectively anticipating, managing and communicating both timelines and risks.
As an Agile Delivery Manager, you will be involved from inception of a new idea, through to implementing the product and handing this over to our HR Process Owners. You will be accountable for the delivery approach, and strategy, and in turn supporting and driving our teams to deliver to this approach.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage cross functional initiatives, driving teams to meet programme or product goals
- Take accountability for the quality of initiative and team forecasts, ensuring we appropriately sequence work to deliver early and often
- Provide a clear communication and coordination channel HR Teams.
- Facilitate the formation of cohesive, effective, cross-functional delivery teams
- Partner with our Product Manager to aid accurate definition of intent, delivery approach and milestones
- Be at the centre of information flows to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to person for leading cross-team initiatives
- Improve the overall productivity, driving improvements to our processes or technology changes and actively seek to remove roadblocks to Product change
- Be comfortable working within a fast pace, fast changing environment while driving teams to complete goals; have the ability to break abstract goals into accomplishable, measurable work items.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience delivering projects in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical skills, providing structured thinking and challenge to problems, transforming them into actionable work for teams, coupled with an unwavering desire to deliver for our customers and business.
- Experience utilising appropriate project management frameworks to deliver in a highly technical environment
- The necessary technical and business understanding and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
- A credible track record of improving the productivity of delivery
What's in it for you:
We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top