Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Team Coaches work with specific teams to assist them to implement and improve their Agile Practices. Team Coaches stand up teams and work with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of Agile Practices.
- Team level agile coach responsible for teaching, mentoring, and coaching teams to achieve better results
- Teach/Mentor/Coach the department / team on Agile roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Teach/Mentor/Coach the department / team on Agile values, principles, and practices of Agile
- May coach leaders in department in agile leadership
- Assess the department / team's current Agile competency
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the department / team
- Assist team members improving role specific skills
- Bring industry knowledge from the Agile community to the department / team
- Coach/mentor the program / team to groom the product backlog
- Provide solution to teams, management and stakeholders to discuss successes, challenges, Agile adoption & delivery progress and solutions for improvement
- Guidance on team composition and potential changes
- Motivate and energize the department / team
- Help the department / team /business adhere to the Agile principles and values
- Success in implementing measurable improvements for teams
- Track record for success in Capital One Tech Delivery (so that they can have perspective for gaps in delivery efficiency that POs/teams may need coaching in)
- Experienced in multiple Agile methodologies (not just Scrum)
- Understands dependency management/systems thinking
- Ability to assess teams, create outcome based plan to enable successful transition of team to self-sustainability
- Can successfully partner with/influence leadership (through Director level)
- Coaches will also be pairing with Shared Tech Coaches applying their areas of expertise where they match to coaching needs and gaining experience in Portfolio Coaching.
- Coach PO/team on story quality, vertical story slicing, TDD.
- Coach team to examine/adjust/improve ceremonies/process to appropriately to fit their changing needs.
- Coach team on creating, measuring and adjusting improvement plans.
- Connecting with appropriate resources to accelerate achievement of target technology state (automation, cloud, etc.)
- Other opportunities TBD identified via ADI results, observations and other tools/measurements.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Lead
- Certified Agile Coach, Certified Scaled Agile Practitioner (SA) or Certified Scaled Agile Professional Consultant (SPC) or IC Agile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top