Admin Support III
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Admin Support III
Capital One is looking for an exceptionally bright, multitasking, and self-motivated experienced Administrative Support Assistant III to support 4 to 6 executives in a fast-paced tech-savvy environment. You will partner with multiple executives to handle administrative tasks freeing up their time to focus on department and company goals. A quick thinker, your flexibility and adaptability are key to constantly changing demands and priorities. You are resourceful and autonomous when taking on new tasks and projects relying on problem-solving skills to make it all work! As the gatekeeper and extension of your executive leaders, you will frequently find yourself in the center of everything that happens on the team. You are extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient, productive and happy team.
In this role, you are a jack of all trades! Administrative Assistants perform an array of administrative functions critical to running an organization efficiently. You will strategically manage your executives' complex schedules through prioritization and organization. You will handle travel arrangements, create expense reports, and disseminate information. Your communication will be personable while still getting your point across. As team ambassador, you are proficient in writing and proof-reading with impeccable grammar and composition.
- Managing daily calendars for multiple executives, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio/video and other essential services as needed for meetings and conferences
- Coordinate travel arrangements and create expense reports in a timely manner using Capital One systems
- Drive key team activities and events (such as all-hands meeting, team meetings, conferences, ordering supplies and social events)
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, and emails
- Build and maintain good business relationships with executives and administrative staff across the organizations
- Participation in general administrative duties (copying and faxing), distributing mail, ad-hoc projects, committees and/or group events
- Promote a fun and team-oriented work environment
At Capital One you will find an environment that inspires a can-do-anything spirit with a multitude of supportive resources. Better still, you will find managers who encourage you to be your best in all areas of your life. If you are ready to create an administrative role that satisfies your professional goals while balancing your personal interests, then Capital One is eager to talk to you.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Associates Degree
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of Outlook calendar management supporting multiple executives
- 1+ year of meeting and event planning experience
- Experience setting up video conference and SKYPE technology for meeting users
- Experience planning ahead and managing time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top