McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Accounting Senior Associate - Global Finance, Derivatives Accounting
Global Finance supports all of Capital One's worldwide financial activities, including corporate-level financial reporting, internal control, intercompany and tax activities. Within Global Finance, the Treasury Accounting team is seeking a high-energy and forward-thinking professional to join us as a Senior Associate focused on Derivatives Accounting.
So who are you? As a member of the Treasury Accounting team, you're solid on your accounting principles and feel comfortable owning the accounting process end-to-end. You're a self-starter that continually looks for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, including embracing new technologies. You have a great attention to detail and feel comfortable diving into the numbers to provide in-depth analysis to our various business partners. You are capable of interacting cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization and capable of taking ownership. You are adaptive to change, new ideas, and able to prioritize with minimal direction. You have passion for improvement and a desire to keep learning what new technology can offer to rethink the possible, including data transformation, BI tools and automation scripting along with experience of financial instruments with good knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles "GAAP." Most importantly, you're a team player that comes ready to uplift others and make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
- Assist with monthly accounting close related to derivatives activities and present financial results to management
- Contribute to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities, and strike to process improvements
- Partner with project management and business partner teams, to design and implement new business product and automation initiatives and processes
- Provide support to Capital Market team(s) in the development and monitoring of hedging programs
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis on derivative portfolio(s) to identify variances and/ trends to communicate to management and business partner team(s)
- Perform technical research on treasury accounting issues and prepare write-ups; draft and/or review treasury-related information in the 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release and other regulatory filings for accuracy. Ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC regulations and other regulatory guidance
- Help with coordination of internal audit review and SOX compliance
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in one of the following fields: accounting, financial reporting, or audit
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification
- 2+ years of experience in banking, financial services, or firms serving clients in large banks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).