Accounting Manager, SEC Reporting
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Accounting Manager, SEC Reporting
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the SEC Reporting team as a Manager focusing on the management of accurate and timely filing of SEC periodic reports, such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and the disclosures required by the Basel Capital and Liquidity Coverage Ratio rules. Responsibilities include oversight of the preparation of consolidated financial statements, compliance with SOX policies and procedures, and performing technical accounting research.
- Assist in the preparation, review and management of quarterly and annual earnings releases, periodic SEC filings and regulatory disclosures.
- Assist in developing quarterly financial reporting calendars and project plans.
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to facilitate SEC filings and regulatory disclosures, including gathering financial and non-financial information.
- Draft financial statements and footnote disclosures for SEC filings by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information as needed.
- Complete disclosure checklists to ensure financial statements comply with the applicable disclosure requirements.
- Review and maintain supporting documentation to substantiate information included in each SEC filing and regulatory disclosure.
- Provide technical support on accounting disclosure issues to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Implement disclosure changes for new accounting standards and regulatory rule/regulation changes.
- Assist in external audit coordination and internal audit reviews.
- Contribute to process improvements and implementation of automated financial tools.
- Support ongoing SOX and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist in recruiting, training, developing and evaluating staff.
- Liaison with business units accounting and finance teams, investor relations, legal counsel, internal audit and external auditors.
- Strong knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on financial reporting and disclosure issues.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a diverse range of tasks.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Basel capital rules and Liquidity Coverage Ratio rules is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Active CPA license
- at least 6 years of accounting experience, or at least 6 years of audit experience, or at least 6 years of finance experience
- at least 2 years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to work in complex environment with many strong personalities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Financial institution experience
- XBRL experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top