NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking an Underwriter for its Asset Based Lending group.
- Assists in underwriting and presenting credit approval memos, and periodic portfolio reviews
- Performs underwriting diligence, including industry research, company research, identifying performance drivers, projecting future performance & anticipated ability to repay debt, as well as assessing how stress cases impact the credit.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with clear strategies to mitigate credit, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and evaluate performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
- Partners with Relationship Managers to cultivate excellent client relationships. Exhibits a sense of urgency towards meeting client requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
- Fosters cross-functional team building.
The Ideal Candidate will excel in the following areas:
- Asset Based Lending underwriting/portfolio management.
- Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Review and prepare collateral field exam and appraisal analysis.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- Collaborating effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to integrate multiple perspectives and champion diverse points of view
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of credit analysis experience or at least 2 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- At least 1 year of leveraged finance experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top