Mobile Application Support Consultant
Trusted by businesses in 75 countries across the globe and in 100 different languages, Canvas is a cloud-based software service revolutionizing how work gets done. We help our subscribers save (literally) a ton of paper every 3 days. As a key member of our Mobile Application Support team, your mission is to support potential and existing subscribers via chat, phone and/or email, from resolving technical issues to changing passwords to answering questions about our platform’s features. This is an incredibly meaningful role at Canvas as you not only help accelerate our customers’ time to value in deploying Canvas apps on our platform but you also serve as a brand ambassador and impact our subscribers’ overall satisfaction.
In order to interact with our global subscribers, you’ll work between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This means you’ll come in earlier some days and stay later on others. Perfect for getting errands done while everyone else is at work! You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, mobile app platform and powerful product features. You’ll gain tremendous experience seeing how a rapidly growing technology company is built from a team of proven entrepreneurs.
Being a Mobile Application Support Consultant is ideal for someone with extraordinary drive and customer focus to help Canvas deliver our compelling service. This role also serves as the gateway to your career here at Canvas. Former Support Consultants have become project managers, sales consultants and account managers. While we believe it would be helpful to have a college degree, a web savvy individual who is curious to learn more, works well under pressure and loves his/her smartphone and/or tablet also makes for a great candidate. We’re looking for A players who are passionate about the triple bottom line to join us on this game changing ride.
So, What’s Canvas
Canvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The Canvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. Canvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, Canvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the Canvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal Best Places To Work 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
Your Most Important Initiatives
• Work with subscribers via chat, phone and/or email for technical issues
• Forge collaborative working relationships with internal teams such as product, development and professional services
• Provide clear and constructive product feedback to product management based on customer requirements
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Canvas
• Stay informed and knowledgeable regarding new operating system (iOS and Android) releases
• Document found issues and steps to reproduce
• Review crash reports from mobile applications
• Investigate issues reported by subscribers
• Develop and execute automated/manual test procedures
What Your Success Looks Like
• Delighting our subscribers each and every day
• Employing excellent listening skills to provide a phenomenal customer service experience
• Promptly and cordially assisting our subscribers and upholding the Canvas brand to create a strong and loyal relationship
• Closing support tickets according to pre-established SLAs
• Helping increase our subscriber base by retaining current subscribers and attracting new ones
• Being promoted within one year - or less!
• Being a good corporate citizen by participating in our award winning Ante Up program
What You Bring
• A passion for customer satisfaction
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands, multiple priorities, commitments and projects
• A confident and engaging personality that shines over the phone
• Ability to exercise your empathy muscle when dealing with clients of varying technical aptitudes
• Self-motivation to not only become an individual leader, but a team player ready to establish Canvas as a globally dominant force (hint: a strong work ethic will take you far!)
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, manage workload effectively and stay focused under pressure
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution
• Good research and software testing skills
• Knowledge of mobile applications
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in a customer service-oriented environment
What Canvas Brings
We believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and that hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. That’s why we take our company values so seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working community for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location offering dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts and an ice skating rink, all within walking distance of the office
- Free Parking and Metro stop coming soon
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches supplied by Power Supply
- Fun monthly events
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume.
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
Mobile App Consultant
Hillary qualifies and vets Canvas’ mobile trial users, collaborating with them to pinpoint their individual company goals and showing them how Canvas can help to achieve them.
Back to top