Mobile Application Consultant
Trusted by businesses in 75 countries across the globe and in 100 different languages, Canvas is a cloud-based software service revolutionizing how work gets done. We help our subscribers save (literally) a ton of paper every 3 days. As a Mobile Application Consultant, you'll be helping businesses join the mobile first world by moving from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using Canvas’ powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Your mission is to contact new sales prospects who have either downloaded a white paper or signed up for a free trial and qualify them for the next step in the sales process. Unlike many inside sales positions, there’s no cold calling required and you’ll earn bonuses for making calls and scheduling demos.
This is an ideal position for someone who has successfully completed one to two years of inside sales experience and is ready to leverage that experience to take the next step in his or her career. In order to interact with our global sales prospects, you’ll work between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This means you will come in earlier some days and stay later on others. Perfect for getting errands done while everyone else is at work! You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, mobile app platform and powerful product features. You’ll gain tremendous experience seeing how a rapidly growing technology company is built from a team of proven entrepreneurs. We’re looking for A players who are passionate about the triple bottom line to join us on this game changing ride!
So, What’s Canvas
Canvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The Canvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. Canvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, Canvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the Canvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal Best Places To Work 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Make calls to prospects who have signed up for a free trial
- Discuss the new sales prospects’ needs and qualify them for the next step in the sales process
- Set up phone appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants or Enterprise Sales representatives to demo our platform to new sales prospects
- Answer inbound sales inquiries via phone, email, and chat (and qualify them!)
What Your Success Looks Like
- Making 75 calls per day (or more!) to ‘warm’ (read: already interested) sales prospects
- Converting a high percentage of those qualified leads into booked appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants
- Active contribution to the inside sales team achieving its sales goals
- Being promoted within one year - or less!
- Being a good corporate citizen by participating in our award winning Ante Up program
What You Bring
- The energy, enthusiasm and desire to become an accomplished technology sales professional
- Previous experience as an inside sales representative (alternatively an exceptional recent college graduate with some sales experience, internship or other experience in start-up or technology companies)
- A confident and engaging personality that shines on the phone
- The ability to build rapport and trust
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, creative, fun work environment
- Self-motivation to not only become an individual metrics leader, but also establish Canvas as a globally dominant force
- Great to work with every day
- Highly effective communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and a motivation to learn and grow in a rapidly growing company; previous startup experience is a huge plus
- A Bachelor’s degree
- An individual seeking the ride of your life!
What Canvas Brings
We believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and that hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. That’s why we take our company values so seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work. Canvas has developed a well defined model and methodology for developing sales talent.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location offering dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts and an ice skating rink, all within walking distance of the office
- Free Parking and a Metro stop coming soon
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches supplied by Power Supply
- Fun Monthly Events
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume.
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
Mobile App Consultant
Hillary qualifies and vets Canvas’ mobile trial users, collaborating with them to pinpoint their individual company goals and showing them how Canvas can help to achieve them.
Back to top