Mobile Application Consultant
As a Mobile Application Consultant, you will be helping businesses revolutionize the way work gets done by moving from expensive and inefficient paper processes to using Canvas’ powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Your mission is to contact new sales prospects who have either downloaded a white paper or signed up for a free trial, and qualify them for the next step in the sales process. Unlike many inside sales positions, there is no cold calling required and you will earn commissions for making outbound calls and scheduling demos.
This is an ideal position for someone who has successfully completed one to two years of commissioned inside sales experience and is ready to leverage that experience to take the next step in his or her career. In order to interact with our global sales prospects, the Mobile Application Consultant will be able to work different shifts from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This means you will come in earlier some days and stay later on others. You will receive training to become familiar with our mobile app platform. You will gain tremendous experience seeing how a rapidly growing technology company is built from a team of proven entrepreneurs. As Canvas grows, your career will too!
So, What’s Canvas
Founded in 2008, Canvas is a cloud-based software service revolutionizing how work gets done. Our mission is to help companies transform how they collect and share business information and rid the world of business paperwork. We do this by offering a mobile app platform and service that enables businesses to replace expensive and inefficient paper forms and processes with powerful apps for smartphones and tablets, with no coding required. Canvas has automated millions of forms and processes and saved thousands of hours for organizations in over 65 countries. We save our subscribers more than a ton of paper every five days.
Thousands of companies streamline their processes with Canvas each month, from the #1 popcorn-selling Boy Scout in the nation to well-known brands like Pepsi, Honda, Red Bull and Verizon. There is a good chance you have been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN and recognized as one of the hottest start-up companies in the DC area, Canvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in Fast Company, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. We’re entering our 5th consecutive year of 100%+ year over year growth and we’re looking for A players who are passionate about the triple bottom line to join us on this game changing ride.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Make outbound calls to prospects who sign up for a free trial
- Discuss the new sales prospects’ needs and qualify them for the next step in the sales process
- Set up phone appointments for our Senior Mobile Application Consultants or Enterprise Sales representatives to demo our product to new sales prospects
- Answer inbound sales inquiries via phone, email, and chat (and qualify them!)
What Your Success Looks Like
- Making 75 outbound calls per day (or more!) to sales prospects
- Booking appointments for prospects to receive a demo from either a Senior Mobile Application Consultant or Enterprise Sales Executive
- Active contribution to the inside sales team achieving its sales goals
- Being promoted within one year - or less!
- Being a good corporate citizen by participating in our award winning Ante Up program
What You Bring
- The desire to become an accomplished technology sales professional.
- Previous experience as a commissioned inside sales representative (alternatively exceptional recent college graduates with some sales experience and internships or other experiences in start-up or technology companies)
- A confident and engaging personality that shines on the phone
- The ability to build rapport and trust
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, creative, fun work environment
- Self-motivation to not only become an individual metrics leader, but also establish Canvas as a globally dominant force
- Great to work with every day
- Highly effective communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and a motivation to learn and grow in a rapidly growing company; previous startup experience is a huge plus
- A Bachelor’s degree
- An individual seeking the ride of your life!
What Canvas Brings
We believe hiring is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire. We also believe culture eats strategy for breakfast. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space we created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London, Sydney and Singapore. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity Ownership
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE parking, 18 restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts and an ice skating rink, all within walking distance of the office
- Pre-tax public transportation commuter benefits
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches supplied by Power Supply
- Fun monthly events
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 529 College Savings Program for you or family members
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume.
Back to top