Customer Success Manager
Trusted by businesses in 75 countries across the globe and in 100 different languages, Canvas is a cloud-based software service revolutionizing how work gets done. We help our subscribers save (literally) a ton of paper every 3 days. As a key member of our Customer Success team, your mission is to support potential and existing subscribers via chat, phone and/or email, from resolving technical issues to changing passwords to answering questions about our product’s features. This is an incredibly meaningful role at Canvas as you not only help accelerate our customers’ time to value in deploying Canvas apps on our platform but you also serve as a brand ambassador and impact our subscribers’ overall satisfaction.
Being a Customer Success Manager is ideal for someone with extraordinary drive and customer focus to help Canvas deliver our compelling service. It also serves as the gateway to your career here at Canvas. Our team members have progressed from this role into Customer Success Managers and account managers. While we believe it would be helpful to have a college degree, a web savvy individual who is curious to learn more, works well under pressure and loves his/her smartphone and/or tablet is also a great candidate. We’re looking for A players who are passionate about the triple bottom line to join us on this game changing ride.
So, What’s Canvas?
Canvas is a cloud-based, mobile platform revolutionizing how work gets done. We help businesses join the mobile-first world, where digitalization is everything, by enabling expensive and inefficient paper forms and processes to be replaced with powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Trusted by thousands of well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull throughout more than 70 countries means there's a good chance you’ve been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
We’ve been recognized in the 2016 CTIA Emerging Technology awards and our CEO won the Information Week Elite 100 IT Hero Award. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal 2016 Best Places To Work and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering our award winning culture for people who like to make an impact, enjoy collaborating and who are passionate about the triple bottom line – helping people, the company and the planet!
Your Most Important Initiatives
• On-boarding clients
• Provide necessary training during the implementation process
• Work with clients via phone and/or email for technical issues
• Forge collaborative working relationships with internal teams such as product, development and professional services
• Provide clear and constructive product feedback to product management based on customer requirements
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Canvas
• Stay informed and knowledgeable regarding new releases
• Enable features and help gather feedback on these features for the Canvas product team
What Success Looks Like
• Schedule 7 to 10 calls a week with clients
• Provide assistance to smaller accounts, either in regards to training, app edits, etc.
• Working with the Customer Success and Support team to help maintain high NPS score
• Successfully on-board clients within a three-month period
What You Bring
• A passion for customer satisfaction
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands, multiple priorities, commitments and projects
• A confident and engaging personality that shines over the phone
• Ability to exercise your empathy muscle when dealing with clients of varying technical aptitudes
• Self-motivation to not only become an individual leader, but a team player ready to establish Canvas as a globally dominant force (hint: a strong work ethic will take you far!)
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, manage workload effectively and stay focused under pressure
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution
• Good research and software testing skills
• Knowledge of mobile applications
What Canvas Brings
We believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and that hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. That’s why we take our company values so seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working community for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
• Competitive Compensation
• Equity Ownership
• Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
• 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
• An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
• Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
• Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
• Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
Mobile App Consultant
Hillary qualifies and vets Canvas’ mobile trial users, collaborating with them to pinpoint their individual company goals and showing them how Canvas can help to achieve them.
Back to top