Channel Enablement Manager - VAR
As a Channel Enablement Manager at Canvas, you will be a key member of the channel partner revenue team, responsible for identifying, training and managing a portfolio of VAR channel partners. You’ll have a proven track record managing VAR channels selling B2B SaaS solutions to small and medium sized businesses, a knack for finding the best partners and getting the most out of them, while managing to revenue and productivity goals.
For at least 2-4 years, you will have been part of a channel team enabling VARs, including marketing, qualification, training, support and management. You will be able to demonstrate integrity in all business dealings, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence VAR partners to achieve peak performance. If you have been a particularly impactful VAR manager in a vertical sales environment, you’ll stand out from other candidates, especially if you were successful in any of the following sectors: field services, professional services, construction, energy, logistics/transportation or manufacturing.
We’re looking for someone who will covet the adrenaline of a venture-backed start-up entering its 6th year of hyper revenue growth, has a laser focus on meeting monthly goals, a verifiable record of success
So, What’s Canvas?
Canvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The Canvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. Canvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, Canvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the Canvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal Best Place To Work 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
Your Most Important Initiatives
• Identify and onboard VAR Partners to leverage Canvas value
• Manage productivity and achieve revenue goals within the VAR portfolio
• Support SA Partners on sales calls with their customers – as part of a training / ‘teach them to fish’ programme
• Build and maintain executive level relationships with the Partners (e.g. CEO & executive team) as well as Senior sales relationships across relevant segments
• Command and lead Canvas sales strategy, enablement, engagement and rep penetration throughout your allocated Canvas Partners
• Create innovative cross-partner sales and marketing plans to generate demand for Canvas solutions
• Working with Canvas Marketing, orchestrate the administration of channel sales programs, including case studies
• Drive quarterly business reviews (external & internal) and strategic planning – creating regular comms cadence with Partners
What You Bring
• Strong ability to learn the Canvas platform and train Partners on all aspects of Canvas
• Sales acumen and willingness to periodically join partner sales calls
• Strong relationship building skills, and ability to work with various types of Partners
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple projects and Partner demands
What Your Success Looks Like
• Sustained growth across partner portfolio leading to predictable Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR)
• Partner activity and related revenues expand to meet defined quarterly and annual targets
• Active corporate citizen, embodying the values of Canvas
What Canvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London, Sydney and Singapore. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
• Competitive Compensation
• Equity Ownership
• Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
• 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
• An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
• Pre-tax public transportation commuter benefits
• Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
• Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
• Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume to [email protected]
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
VP, SMB Sales
Everything Kalliopi does is collaborative. She works extensively with Canvas’ Marketing Team, as well as the BDR Team, to ensure the numbers are sufficient to reach revenue targets.
Back to top